Thursday, February 11, 2010

1st Snowman(s)



What a fun, unexpected snow day we had! We woke up Monday morning to 5 inches of fluffy, white snow that was absolutely beautiful (especially when you are not use to seeing snow). We had no idea it was coming - so the surprise element made it even more thrilling.

Our special angel friend Dana came over to play in the snow with us. We don't ever get to see her or spend time with her so that made the day even more special.

First of all, it took about an hour to convince Quinnie to come out and play in the snow. She didn't want to put her snowsuit on, or her hat, or a shirt, or her boots. Most of all she did not want to wear a heavy coat. She was not crazy about the idea of touching the snow, or getting cold, or getting wet. After some bribing and begging, she agreed to come out to make one snow angel and then she was coming back in. AGREED. A hour and a half later she was pouting as I dragged them back inside. Hassie Clare could not wait to get all her gear on and get down and dirty in the snow. She was grinning from ear to ear the entire time.

But I think Ruby was more excited then anyone. She thought every snowball or flake of snow was her toy. She ran, jumped and barked like she was a puppy!

The girls checking out the snow for the first time.


Love our camera - look at the snowball in mid air. Thanks for taking all the pics Dana!


 Our angel friend - Dana.

 TEAMWORK. Building their first snowman.
 Our best attempt at "sledding."
They could not get enough but I was BEAT! Look at Ruby's legs to see how deep the snow was.
 "Hasie Clare, we have to go inside because our hands and feet are getting too cold."
"I not cold mommy. I can't even feel my toes or fingers."

 Quinnie getting ready to bomb Has with a snow ball.
 Making snow cream and drinking hot cocoa after playing in the snow.
 Snuggling on the couch, watching a movie while waiting on mommy to fix their picnic lunch on the living room floor (HC was wrapped up in 3 blankets.)
After the girls went down for a nap, angel friend Dana and I worked on her budget and indulged in a few "snow day" cocktails.  

It was a great day. I got an unexpected day off from work, I had a great time playing in the snow with the girls and I got to catch up with an old friend. If only Jamie could have been home to play with us in the snow .... that would have made the day perfect!

No comments: