Thursday, March 1, 2012

Circus and church and haircuts OH MY

Our weekends are fully loaded. Last weekend we got invited to the circus. After soccer practice we headed out to Memphis to meet some friends to feast on Pronto Pups, Cotton Candy while watching magic tricks and elephants standing on each others back. The girls loved all the action. The family from Argentina that spins each other with their feet were my fav. I found myself pondering over circus life throughout the entire event.

Shiner's Circus with our friends Ella Grace and her sweet mom Janet. Thanks for the tickets!

I'm thankful HC didn't sneak away and join the circus while I wasn't looking. I could tell she was thinking about it. Quinnie still doesn't understand why anyone would want to ride an elephant or live in a tent.


Since we were all the way on the other side of town, I made haircut appointments at this boutique that only caters to little girls. It was precious! Quinn got 1.5 inches cut off and Hassie Clare got 4 inches of dead ends cut off. Everything in the place was minature and tricked out with ubber girly stuff.  Hassie Clare and Quinn loved every minute of it!

Picture taken by HC. She was trying to make Quinnie laugh so she wouldn't be so nervous.

Hassie Clare made funny moaning sounds the entire time she was getting her hair washed. After the lady was done HC said, "Ohhhhhhhhh that was wonderful. Can you do it again?"

Hassie Clare ... AKA Sassy Diva.

Quinnie got a glitter flower on her face, a sucker and a tattoo after her wash, cut and blow-out.

Hassie Clare


Ummm .... excuse me teenager, please give me back my 5 year old little girl named Quinn.

I just noticed that they are making sure you can see their "Sweet and Sassy" tattoos on their hands in this pic. Quinnie on the left, Hassie Clare on the right.  

For some reason the girls look a lot alike in these pics to me. Maybe it's Hassie Clare's blown out straight hair????? Or that Quinn's hair is darker now????  People still ask me how do I tell them apart and it cracks me up cause I normally don't think they look a thing alike.

On Sunday the entire farkel family joined me at church. They had a special ceremony for the RCIA elects. It was nice even though I turned blood red standing in front of the entire church while the priest asked the parishioners if they would except me. I DO NOT like being the center of attention. It creates crazy anxiety within me. I was up at the alter for almost 10 minutes all by myself.  It took hours for my hives to go down and my sweat to dry up. Afterwards we took my parents out to a nice brunch and I eased my anxiety with some french fries. Ahhh ... fried food therapy works wonders on me!

The weather was awesomely spectacular so Jamie and I decided to pack the bike trailers up and go on an adventure. We both are positively in love with biking right now. It is a struggle to pull the trailers full of 5 year olds and junk but well worth it! The girls love it and they find it very relaxing... maybe a little too relaxing.
I didn't get a pic of Quinn but they both feel asleep and missed about 6 or 7 miles of our ride.
   At one point in our ride we stopped at a playground and let the girls run off some energy while we stretched our legs and visited some more with Mom and Fred (they live near the park). It was a bad move. We got stiff and sore quickly and we still had a 7 or 8 mile ride home. But we put our big girl panties on and managed to make it home safe and sound. We all agreed that it was the best day of the year so far!

No comments: