Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gym Rat

So .... I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor on some of Hassie Clare's blood work. Frustrating, especially since I called the lab and they sent the results on Friday to her pediatrician. I'm sticking with the philosophy that no news is good news. My hopes are that the lab results come back with just a small minor problem that we can fix by altering something in her diet. That way we know what is causing her wrinkly burns (aka foot cramps) but it will be nothing serious. FINGERS CROSSED.

I finally got my closet cleaned out. HALLELUJAH. AMEN. 2 large garbage bags for Goodwill and 2 extra large plastic bins for re-sale. Of course my closet looks naked. But I've decided that I will not buy anymore clothes until I drop another size. Okay ... maybe just not anymore clothes this summer. Cause it might be a long while until I go down another size:)

Speaking of diet ... I'm still at a standstill on weight loss. I'm working my hiney off in the gym. Jamie called me a "gym rat" the other day. Best compliment ever. My body is getting strong and I'm in the best shape I've been in since college volleyball. But I'm not losing any weight. Here is the problem - I'm eating and drinking whatever I want on the weekends. During the week .... I follow a low calorie diet perfectly. I work out 4 or 5 times a week. Working out has been great for me ... physically and mentally. Sure I have aches and pains that I never had before but the overall benefits have been great. In fact, I have an ice pack on my knee as I'm typing this. My total weight loss to date is 52 pounds. My goal was to lose 80 pounds. So ... I need to decide if I want to reach my goal and lose another 30 pounds or just maintain the comfortable weight I am right now. Ahhh what the heck  ... I'll just go for it. What do I have to lose (no pun intended)?

My mom officially saved my butt last week. Our nanny Sarah went on a (much deserved) vacation. Of course this left me without child care. So my wonderful mother took my kids in for the week. Each day I would drop them off after breakfast and pick them up in the late afternoon after I left the gym. It actually made my week very easy. She fed them special snacks and healthy meals (except one day they ordered pizza for lunch and ate waffles and doughnuts for breakfast:). They did fun projects some days and were lazy on other days. I wonder what they will remember about spending time at their Grandparent's house? I'm not sure what I would do without her. She helps me in so many ways. I've relied on her mentally for years but I'm starting to rely on her physical help now and I must admit ... it feels pretty darn good. I had no idea how comforting it would be to have them live so close and be such a big part of my family. It is almost like she carries some of my life "weight" around for me. Priceless.

Jamie and I are hoping for a little (much needed) get-a-way to the lake with friends this weekend. It will be so nice to have some adult time with no worries. If it doesn't work out then I'm going to plan a weekend trip for us sometime in the near future. I feel it all the way to my bones that we need to step away from our lovely, crazy life and be selfish for a day or two.

Sometimes I wish I could follow Hassie Clare and Quinn around with a microphone. They are freakishly hilarious. The stuff they come up with is seriously funny stuff. I need to keep a notebook out to write down some of this stuff.  Hassie Clare drops one liners constantly - mostly quotes from movies. She is starting to use them appropriately. Quinn is so gullible and naive so her humor is usually at her own expense. I love how they tickle me to my core on a daily basis.

That is all I got for right now. Life is good.

No comments: