On to the important stuff …. Hassie Clare and Quinn. They started back to their mother’s day out program, also called Day School. They go 2 days a week for 6 hours. The 3-year-old room is a little more structured and the rules are a tad bit stricter. Quinn got time out for the first time EVER at school …. she yelled at Mrs. Pam for not laying her blanket out correctly (shocked us all but most of all Mrs. Pam). Hassie Clare has only had one time out (shocked that it has only been once: ). There is one other girl in their class and 7 boys. Most of the kids in their class will be 4 by the end of the year and some of them are a full year older then the girls. Their new teacher is very sweet and keeps the kids very busy with different project. We miss Mrs. Ilona and still think she was the best “first” teacher ever!
The other day I was asking Mrs. Pam if my girls played with any of the other children during the day. She said that Quinn and the other little girl played together all day and that Hassie Clare always plays by herself. For some reason this hurt my heart. Not sure why. I think it will always be difficult for Hassie Clare to “bond” with other kids because she is so unique. No doubt she will be a leader …. even if she doesn’t have any followers!
I can’t wait for my parents to live down here for a multitude of reasons. My mom and I have so much fun together. Yes, she drives my C R A Z Y sometimes and yes, I’m sure I get on her nerves by being bossy and controlling. But the time we spend together is priceless. The time Hassie Clare and Quinn get to spend with Nana and Paw Paw is priceless. I have not lived near them or in the same state in 17 years (except for 2.5 months right after I finished grad school). I was 18 years old when I went away to college. They begged me to move back to the area after grad school. Like a good daughter, I gave in and moved back to the area to be near them. Two and half months after I moved back they moved away to Arkansas. Go figure! I depend on my mom for so much emotionally and man oh man does that woman make me laugh! Good times are ahead and I will make sure to cherish every moment with my parents because I won’t always have this chance. Jamie is good at reminding me of how important it is not to sweat the small things cause it could all be gone in the blink of an eye.
Quinn and Hassie Clare before open house at their school.
Hass isn't feelin' the love in this pic.
First day of school - they are only 3 and you can tell by the look on their face with their fake smile that they are annoyed by me taking a picture.
HC and Q are very into plastic hand held princess dolls. In this pic they took their dolls on a "road trip" to our bedroom:)
Dolly Parton at Halloween bunko (there are 4 pair of socks in this photo .... can you see them?????).
My bunko girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment